Friday 25 April 2014

a week away

easter 2014easter 2014easter 2014easter 2014easter 2014easter beachingeaster 2014 easter 2014easter 2014easter 2014easter beachingeaster 2014easter 2014easter 2014easter 2014

We were lucky enough to go away for a whole week this Easter as it coincided with school holidays and the Anzac Day long weekend.

We went again to a favourite place, Hyams Beach on Jervis Bay.

Amazingly after three weeks of drenching rain we lucked upon the first dry Easter round these parts for eight years, and just the most magical weather ever for mid autumn. We had warm clear days and crisp nights. The sun shone, the sky was blue and the water temperature was perfect for swimming and snorkelling every day. I am feeling most blessed by this amazing week with my special gang. We had lots of laughs and lots of magic days, much relaxing and some adventures.

As usual there was walking, and fishing and jigsaw puzzling. New this year were prawning in the estuary (we caught two!) and lots of underwater filming with the gopro camera I gave Mr Flowerpress for his birthday. As soon as I can work out how to edit and upload I'll show you the huge blue groper I swam with yesterday, or the black reef leatherjacket who stayed still long enough for me to film him. Our videos are a trifle dodgy, but it was so much fun to record all the amazing fish life in this marine park. It amazes me every time I put my head underwater in Jervis Bay, its such a busy world under there!

Anyway I'll let the photos talk for themselves. Wherever you are I hope you had some time off this past fortnight and some beautiful weather too.

Previous visits, and some of my favourite photos, here, and here, and here and here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)