Thursday 8 March 2012

my creative space - women

womenphoto

Flower Press was asked a while ago to attend the local council's International Women's Day function tonight which features innovative local businesses (and me!) and some really inspirational speakers. Of course I've left my organising a bit late and as Murphy's Law would have it woke up at 5am with a fever. But in true woman's style I am dosed up with panadol and very nearly organised, with a few new cushions sewn up, tea towels folded, cards wrapped and fabric cut! I'm sharing a table with my friend Lauren so I'll have some moral support if I feel too dreadful.

During the week I managed to contrive a 'work' trip to the local Spotlight for zips and might have come home with a few metres of different fabrics to audition for my new Wiksten Tova pattern (which I downloaded this week). This great African/Pacific/William Morris design is the current frontrunner. I've been wanting to buy this pattern for a long time but baulked at the shipping. Thanks Suzy for the heads up on the digital version.

For many more creative women go here, Happy International Women's Day everyone!

4 comments :

  1. Hope you have a wonderful time and don't feel too dreadful. Your goodies look wonderful all together like that. Happy international women's day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that top photo.
    I hope you have a great night and that you feel much better as soon as you leave the house.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tonight Susie!!! I hope you're feeling better very soon (or at least too drugged up to notice!) How wonderful to see all your beautiful work there together :) Happy IWD! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better and tonight went well.

    I chose that fabric for my lisette dress as part of Cam's sew along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)