Sunday 18 December 2011

a winner!

birthday dinnerbirthday dinner birthday dinnerbirthday dinnerbirthday dinnerbirthday dinner

Its that time of year, my thoughts are already on holiday and I'm just trying to catch up with them! A few more presents to buy, lots to wrap and some packing to do before we set off on Tuesday for Christmas up north with my Mum and Dad.

This is our first Christmas in ten years that won't be at their lovely farm but the new house is great and big enough to fit us all, and we know that the important thing is being together. To eat, to dance, to play, to laugh. I'm hoping also for just a little sun for a few trips to the beach, its been in such short supply!

One last bit of business before I go, I want to thank each and every one of the 365 people that entered my Bricks Fabric Giveaway, one for every day of the year :-)

There were some wonderful ideas for sewing with my Bricks fabrics: from pencil rolls, hats, pajama shorts, a dress, a wallet, a shirt to placemats and much more. Seems we all know a Lego lover or two who would love a bit of these. I read the other day that there are 73 Lego bricks for each person on the planet. Amazing!

Of course there can be only one winner, and in this case it is:
Emily from The Boy Trifecta who said:
OH. MY. GOODNESS. I would totally use that fabric on goodies for my boys - maybe some little pouches to hold all their little bricks! I love it!

Thank you too for the well wishes on my birthday.  We had such a lovely night. Here are some pics of the Korean restaurant we ate at. They were so sweet, the food was great and we had lots of fun. We'd spied this restaurant from the monorail stop a couple of months ago so it was quite fitting that we had a window seat watching the Monorail go by!

On the way home we stopped at St Mary's Cathedral and watched the animated light show against the facade. If you have a chance to see this do go. Its magic and was such a lovely way to finish our night.

I was spoiled with presents as usual and here's just one of my booty, a new birthday necklace from one of my favourite shops Live This in Leichhardt.

3 comments :

  1. oh wow! we have projections in melb too! at st paul's and state library :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time away (and bring some sun back if you find some).

    Congratulations to the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow oh wow! How fabulous are these photos?! Love them. Glad you had a great birthday and the necklace is gorgeous :) Kx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)