Thursday 23 April 2009

bathtub


Bathtub IV from Keith Loutit on Vimeo.

I've talked about tilt/shift before. Such a neat effect, gives photos a fairytale miniature effect. So I was interested to read about Keith Loutit's use of tilt/shift and time lapse to make videos (Sydney Morning Herald last week) and I was really blown away when I found them online. So fantastic. This is my favourite so far of the series, I love the story it tells.
One of the things I love about these is they show my beautiful city of Sydney in all its glory.
Here's a page with all the videos.
You can also see them on YouTube, it loads quicker, but the effect isn't as good in the lower definition.
Tonight on the news they showed some of Keith Loutit's film taken at the Sydney Easter Royal Show. I must track them down, they looked so cute! Little cows being walked around the showground by little people. Love it!

1 comment :

  1. gorgeous film clip. although the credits include her, i thought i'd mention that the song is by megan washington (who goes by the name 'washington') she's amazingly talented and very cute in a whimsical way. (she's also a friend of my daughter rosie..) thanks for including it on your blog.
    cheers,
    kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)